1. Sumerian writing was called cuneiform. They wrote on slabs of clay.
2. The Sumerians may have invented the "arch."
3. Sumerians built temples called ziggurats to worship to their multiple gods.
4. The Sumerians developed their calender based on the moon.
5. The Sumerian civilizations existed between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.
6. The Assyrians were the first to use calvary.
7. The code of Hammurabi is a series of laws that dealt with aspects of life.
8. Zoroaster was a persian prophet who developed an influential religious philosophy.
9. Sargon was the most powerful Akkadian king.
10. Cyrus the great was a eprsian king who captured Babylon and took over the fertile crescent.
11. Phoenicia consisted of city-states.
12. Phoenicians collected shellfish to make purple dye.
13. The Lydians are the first to use coined money.
14. The exchange of one good or service for another is called barter.
15. The Phoenicans developed the art of glass blowing.